Metabolism is a set of reactions that take place in a living organism that signifies the breakdown and synthesis of nutrients. Metabolism is not just about breaking down the food you ate, but also building up tissues, muscles, and supplies from spare substances.
If you are trying to lose weight, it is a good idea to try to speed up your metabolism. With these few tips to improve your metabolism, you will feel and look great.
If you’re wondering how to speed up your metabolism and lose weight, keep reading.
1. Eat Breakfast – within an hour of waking up to jump-start your metabolism. It is well known that as the most important meal it should include everything that will keep you full and full of energy until the next snack.
2. Eat Plenty of Protein – Studies have shown that high levels of protein in the diet help you feel fuller longer, which reduces hunger and keeps your appetite under control and helps with weight loss.
3. Drink More Water – What is definitely a recommendation for anyone who wants to take care of their body’s health is water intake. Water intake has an effect on the skin, general psychophysical health, but also on the acceleration of metabolism. Studies have shown that half a liter of water increases your metabolic rate by 10 to 30 percent in the next hour. A warm recommendation is to drink cold water as your body uses energy to heat it to a temperature that is appropriate for your body.
4. Drink Green Tea – brings many health benefits. Because it contains caffeine, consuming it regularly will improve your metabolism and thus help with weight loss.
5. Drink Coffee – Studies have shown that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3–11%.
6. Eat Spicy Food – Have you ever felt burned when you eat something spicy? Peppers contain capsaicin, a substance that can boost your metabolism.
7. Eat Dairy Products – If you want to speed up your metabolism, then one of the ways you must try is to consume milk and dairy products. Calcium in combination with other milk substances plays a significant role here. It is the one that gives a signal to your body to speed up calorie consumption.
8. Workout – In addition to having a very beneficial effect on your health, an active workout also speeds up your basic metabolism. 30 minutes of exercise is enough, but daily! Also, one of the essential items is workout training that including higher weights. To speed up your metabolism, it is best to build muscle. A body that has more muscle consumes more energy, that is, has a faster basal metabolism. So lift weights.
9. Stand Up More – Sitting has been called “the new smoking”: Recent studies suggest that sitting for more than eight hours a day raises your risk of a whole host of health problems and it can definitely slow down your metabolism. This one has an easy fix: Take a break every hour and stand up or get a desk that allows you the option of standing while you work.
10. Sleep Enough – Sleep deprivation is again a kind of stress for the body. Not enough sleep has been shown to cause the body to adapt to this state of fatigue in such a way that it will consume less energy or slow down metabolism.